November 25, 2015
Today, our staff and attorneys gathered for a luncheon at the Eastgate office of the Finney Law Firm to celebrate two years together, and two years of successfully “Making a Difference” for our clients.
After two years, our legal performance for our clients and our growth have far exceeded our projections:
- We “won” three important First Amendment cases at the United States Supreme Court, one on oral argument and two via written pleadings. (Read here about these victories.)
- We have grown from an initial size of four attorneys and three staff, to nine attorneys and nine staff persons today. We hope and expect that the next two years will bring continued growth and success.
- We added a title insurance company — Ivy Pointe Title, LLC — anchored by experienced real estate attorney Richard P. Turner, performing dozens of residential and commercial real estate closings and writing dozens of title insurance policies each and every month.
- We have significantly broadened our transactional presence, a key practice objective, anchored by experienced attorney Isaac T. Heintz, and deepened by Kevin Hopper, Tracy Hawkins and Dylan Sizemore.
- We have a vibrant civil litigation practice anchored by Bradley M. Gibson and appellate litigator Curt C. Hartman, and deepened by Brian C. Shrive and Justin C. Walker.
- Justin C. Walker offers significant additional practice experience in bankruptcy (debtor and creditor representation) and criminal law.
- We have added a second office in addition to our home base of Eastgate — this one in Mt. Adams — to better serve our clients.
- Each attorney and staff member who started with our firm remains with us today — providing stability to our practice that remains a key practice objective as well.
We thank you sincerely for undertaking this adventure with us, and invite you to join us for decades of practice success to come!
Christopher P. Finney