August 14, 2019
Here are links to the media articles on today’s Finney Law Firm win against the Village of Bratenahl on an important Open Meetings decision under Ohio statute.
- AP: Court: Secret ballots for public business violate state law
- Cleveland.Com: Bratenahl village council’s secret ballot vote was illegal, Ohio Supreme Court rules
- Fox 19: Ohio Supreme Court: Secret ballot voting violates Open Meetings Act
- Crane’s Cleveland Business: Ohio Supreme Court rules city governments can’t use secret ballot at public meetings
- WOSU: Ohio Supreme Court Unanimously Upholds ‘Open Meetings Act’
- Court News Ohio: Public Bodies Cannot Use Secret Ballots to Take Official Action
- The Darien Times: Court: Secret ballots for public business violate state law
We will update this blog entry as new stories come online.