Today, Hamilton County Auditor Dusty Rhodes joined Finney Law Firm Chris Finney at a webinar hosted by the Cincinnati Area Board of Realtors to educate the public on “Ohio Property Tax Valuation Reduction.” Our thanks go to Auditor Rhodes and Christy Beaver, Director of Education the Board, for organizing and hosting this course.
Here is a link to the video. Please feel free to share it.
Tax bills are hitting mailboxes next week in Hamilton County and in them entirely new valuations. This year, every property in Hamilton, Butler, Clermont and Montgomery Counties will have wholly new valuations. We have written on these new valuation changes here and here, including a free “how-to” webinar.
On January 19th from 10 AM to noon, Finney Law Firm founder, attorney Chris Finney, with teach a free seminar on property tax valuation reduction with Hamilton County Auditor Dusty Rhodes for the Cincinnati Area Board of Realtors. Auditor Rhodes has been gracious to co-teach these classes providing the public information on valuation reductions with Chris Finney for a decade. Anyone can log in for the course: business owners, individual property owner, Realtors, etc.
The link for sign ups for the seminar is here.
Last night, Empower U, the Cincinnati Area Board of Realtors, the Ohio Real Estate Investors Association, and Finney Law Firm co-hosted a webinar for more than 140 participants on the topic of PPP loan forgiveness.
But Part #2 of the PPP program is qualifying for and applying for loan forgiveness. If you don’t do Part #2 properly, you will have to re-pay the funds.
Rebecca L. Simpson and Congressman Dr. Brad Wenstrup gave a detailed webinar (with a great and detailed PowerPoint) on the rules and approach to obtain forgiveness. That webinar is posted by Empower U here.
If you have further questions about the PPP or EIDL loan programs, contact Rebecca L. Simpson (513.797.2856).
This morning, Finney Law Firm attorney Rebecca L. Simpson conducted a seminar hosted by the Cincinnati Area Board of Realtors on the Paycheck Protection Plan. A hearty thanks to Christy Beaver for pulling together this program.
This morning’s seminar focuses on how Realtors can qualify and apply for the program.
It is posted here.
This seminar comes on the heels of another seminar hosted by Empower U about the Paycheck Protection Program focusing on employers with W-2 employees.
A link to that previous webinar is here.
Please contact Rebecca L. Simpson (513.797.2856) if you need assistance with the PPP program.
- Ms. Simpson has already conducted an extensive webinar on the PPP to EmpowerU. To date for live participants and those watching the recorded webcast (here) that message has reached more than 1,000 viewers. That webinar was primarily aimed at Part #1 of PPP, which dealt with employers with W-2 employees.
- This program on the other hand primarily is aimed Part #2 of the PPP that just launched today (April 10, 2020): 1099 contractors, self-employed, sole proprietors (for example, real estate investors whose companies have no employees). Ms. Simpson also will explore the various situations of Realtor “Teams” with 1099 contractors and W-2 employees within the teams, part-time Realtors who may also have separate W-2 jobs, and other variables specific to Realtors.
We thank Empower U for hosting a Zoom.Us webinar on the Small Business Administration’s new Paycheck Protection Plan (“PPP”) and Emergency Income Disaster Loans (“EIDL”) designed to help small businesses sustain through the unprecedented economic interruption brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic crisis. The session was held on April 2, 2020 entirely virtual to remain safe.
The webinar video link is here. Please feel free to share it with others.
The attorneys on this presentation and their contact information are;
- Christopher P. Finney (513.943.6655 (o) and 513.720.2996 (c)).
- Rebecca L. Simpson (513.797.2856 (o) and 513.703.6227 (c)).
- Stephen E. Imm (513.943.5678 (o) and 513.324.8780 (c)).
Finney Law Firm is offering individualized assistance in navigating regulations and procedures surrounding PPP and EIDL applications. For professional assistance, contact Rebecca L. Simpson. If you or your business is encountering employment-related issues arising from the COVID-19 crisis, contact Stephen E. Imm.
If you liked this free video, please consider donating to EmpowerUOhio.Org to encourage this free programming. Empower U has given more than 400 free adult education programs over the past decade, including valuable programming of this type.
There is a powerful feeling that the community is pulling together, rooting for one another, and digging deep to help each other, and we hope this information is helpful towards that end.
Also, we will continue to update the Finney Law Form blog to provide individuals and small businesses information on the programs that are available to help them through this crisis.
If you want to be added to the Finney Law Firm email updates, click here.
Join Empower U tonight from the comfort and safety of your home via your laptop, tablet or cell phone for a webinar on powerful tools for small business from the federal government in the CARES Act passed last Friday.
>>> The link to sign up for the free seminar is here. <<<
- If you want to email questions in advance, click here.
- For specialized assistance for your company, we are offering consultation through the program for a flat $1,500 fee to help businesses through the process. Click here to get signed up and type “PPP” in the subject line of the email.
- To have your email to be added to our firm mailing list and receive tonight’s PowerPoint, click here and say “add me to your list” in the subject line.
Joining us tonight are:
- Attorney Rebecca L. Simpson who will lead the presentation primarily on Paycheck Protection Program and Economic Injury Disaster Loans available very shortly to small businesses.
- Attorney Stephen E. Imm who will answer questions of employers and employees about the COVID-19 crisis.
- Melissa Knies from US Bank who will explain how to apply for the programs.
- Attorney Christopher P. Finney will moderate.
We have a record audience for Empower U signed up for tonight. Please join us for this important program.
President Trump signed into law at the very end of 2020 another COVID-19 stimulus bill. Much of the writing about it has focused on the $600 direct payments to to individuals whose income falls below a certain thresholds. but this bill also contains important subsidies and changes for small businesses, including a new and significant second round of direct payments to small businesses payments under the Paycheck Protection Program (loans later forgiven).
Finney Law Firm attorney Rebecca L. Simpson will follow up on her blockbuster Spring performances on the initial PPP with information on the new stimulus programs, and be joined by Seth Morgan of the MLA Companies, a financial service and advisory group on Wednesday, January 13th from 6:00 to 7:15 PM via live webinar.
The Cincinnati Area Board of Realtors is also co-hosting the webinar.
Webinar topics include:
- Second round PPP:
- Amounts (including increased amounts for restaurants)
- Eligibility (much tighter than round #1).
- Expanded qualifying expenses for Round #2.
- First and second round PPP tax deductibility.
Click here to register.
For assistance with the PPP or more information, contact Rebecca L. Simpson (513-797-2856). Also contact her if there is anything more we can do to help your small business.