Finney Law Firm is a growing firm that strives to make a difference in the greater Cincinnati area through their personal and professional work. Members of this firm have extensive experience in a broad range of legal services including business formation and development, litigation, real estate, estate planning and administration, commercial dispute resolution, criminal defense, bankruptcy, and public interest law. The desire is to represent clients, hire employees, and work with vendors who share in the Firm’s key standards of Integrity, Accountability, Communication, and Excellence.
As a growing company with offices in Eastgate and Mt. Adams, the Finney Law Firm seeks to hire a Legal Assistant to contribute to the success of the firm. The primary functions of this position will be to assist and support team of attorneys through all aspects of their practice. A desirable candidate will be able to successfully:
- Support the day to day operational needs of the litigation attorneys
- Prepare, finalize, and file pleadings and other court documents
- Prepare and coordinate discovery requests and responses
- Obtain, review, and analyze documents such as medical records, financial records, or other relevant records necessary for case management
- Communicate and coordinate with staff, clients, opposing counsel, and other points of contact
- Oversee and maintain the litigation team’s caseload, progress, and deadline schedule
- Perform legal assistant responsibilities such as reviewing and preparing letters, mailing documents, organizing files, etc.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong emphasis on being detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a face paced environment
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
- Eager to learn and accomplish tasks that are needed
- Willing to work individually and as part of a team
- Legal experience preferred, but not required
How to Apply and Additional Information
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and references to Katherine Fox at email@example.com. A review of applications will begin immediately. This position is full time and benefits are available. For more information on the firm, please visit finneylawfirm.com.