2020 will certainly be remembered as a year of great challenges for our country and world: COVID-19 Pandemic, urban riots, a raucous Presidential election and terrible economic challenges for many workers and business owners. But in the midst of that upheaval, Finney Law Firm has been proud to be a part of the solution for our clients and community, once again “Making a Difference.”.
- This Spring, we partnered with EmpowerU Ohio, Cincinnati Area Board of Realtors and the National Association of Real Estate Brokers to reach thousands of business owners with a series of free seminars on accessing Paycheck Protection Program funds to keep them in operation.
- Only months before the pandemic hit, our firm moved to the Microsoft 365 Cloud with our data, and transitioned to laptop computers for most of our team. This meant that our attorneys and paralegals could continue servicing clients uninterrupted from home safely.
- Ivy Pointe Title stepped to the plate with an ever-increasing volume of residential and commercial acquisitions and refinancings, “Accurate and On-Time, Every time.”
- We had breakthrough constitutional litigation wins for our clients, re-opening retail shops, gyms, day cares, and amusement parks, allowing tens of thousands of Ohioans to get back to work. We briefly stopped the Ohio eviction moratorium until a federal moratorium kicked in.
- In 2020, we added a bankruptcy practice group headed by Susan Cress Browning. She handles individual Chapter 13, and Chapter 7s, as well as business reorganization’s under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- We added Rebecca L. Simpson, both a capable civil litigator and a brilliant public interest advocate. She excels at government advocacy, using both her grass roots talents as well as the full range of legal tools this firm offers.
- Ohio’s newest attorney, Jennings Kleeman, who was sworn in just weeks ago has joined our corporate and real estate transactional groups.
- In one week, we will be announcing the addition of yet another team member for our real estate transactional group, an experienced commercial mall leasing attorney.
- In May, Eli-Krafte-Jacobs obtained his Ohio title insurance license, bringing to four the number of Ohio licensed title insurance agents at Finney Law Firm and Ivy Pointe Title.
- We launched a great new web site for Finney Law Firm, and great new social media and printed marketing materials to spread the word in greater Cincinnati about the incredible team we have ready to leap to action to help your legal needs.
- Our work this year was featured in the Wall Street Journal, CNN, Cincinnati Enquirer, Cincinnati Business Courier, Cincinnati City Beat, Cleveland Plain Dealer, Columbus Dispatch, Dayton Daily News, the Toledo Blade, Canton Repository, WLW, WLWT, WCPO, WKRC, WXIX, WKYC, and FOX8.
- Many credit our work on the Gang of Five case as leading to 2020’s biggest local story — federal felony criminal indictments of former council members Tamaya Dennard, Jeff Pastor and P.G. Sittenfeld. We are not sure there is a connection, but our firm unquestionably started the ball rolling to expose the dark underbelly of lawless conduct at City Hall.
Please let us know how we can help you build your business, avoid or mitigate costly litigation battles, and confront overzealous government actors.
Our entire team is as ready in 2021 as they were in 2020.